Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


Street window in Selfridges

This week I took two walks...
one in London
one in Richmond

See what I saw


Regent Street

Union Jacks everywhere


Made of fake flowers, but beautiful nonetheless


Drool-worthy Liberty





Made of Liberty fabric


Boats heading toward London on the River Thames to dock for the flotilla




The Royal Barge Gloriana (below) will be in the flotilla tomorrow
and was being worked on as I walked by




At home, we decided to try to make our new favorite English dessert,
Lemon Drizzle Cake

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was
We followed a BBC recipe here


Watch for precarious cracks, Mr Carriage Driver :)


The cake broke while getting it out of the pan
but yummy, nonetheless
& the kids loved decorating it

Off to the flotilla tomorrow in flip-flops or wellies :)
We'll see!

- all photos by me -


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top