PART 2





the Halloween Display at Rogers Gardens in Corona Del Mar, CA


is


Retail as theater...




I am a little into skeletons and skulls this year....in a fun way (not at all scary)


but with the house torn apart for the remodel, I won't be decorating inside.





Last year I looked all over to find economically priced life sized skeletons


but had waited too long and found they were all sold out.


This year I started early and found a great positionable life sized skeleton



Immediately after ordering, Mr. B arrived home with a large box


he'd found a great life-sized skeleton at Costco.





so now that I have skeletons in my closet (literally)


I must come up with a fun way to display them in my walkway


and front porch area





Rogers Gardens had some unique ways with skeletons this year.  


These climbed the walls and ceiling like the ivy entwined through them.




without the skulls they are less macabre and more 'hauntingly beautiful' which 


RG used as their theme this year.




The dining room vignette had crystal stemware and beads handing from the chandelier




and glittered faux taxidermy






and statuary...the dark glitter was a nice touch













here and there a gentle reminder that this is indeed a plant nursery...







This vignette featured twigs and beaded cobwebs along with the clocks and glowing apothecary jars












Loved the spider cloches...






won't be reading those books any time soon...






really liked these black corrugated paper pumpkins...

















I lost count of how many crystal chandeliers were in the display this year






and this little guy came home with me...


I wish you could see the face, its adorable -

but the spot lighting was too strong!









The skellies and skulls ruled supreme this year...




loved their unique blend of skellies and hydrangeas


beautiful in an eerie sort of way













Beaded Day of the Dead style purse - a little bling







This crow is rocking the witch hat!  






so, how are you decorating for Halloween this year?







*****************************************************



QUESTION FROM A READER:




Hi,


I have been checking out your blog and color choices.  Awesome!  My husband and I are building a new home and the color choices are a little overwhelming.  Not sure if you have a moment to give me a suggestion, but here is my question: 











I absolutely love the color beach glass by Benjamin moore for my master bedroom.  













We are looking for a coordinating color with more green in it for our master bath.  The tilework in the shower and across the front of the big tub, has small glass tiles that resemble the green beach glass, and the rest of the tile is sort of a grey/white/cream combo.  We are hoping to find a subtle green/grey color that will go with the glass tiles but can flow from the master bedroom beach glass Benjamin moore color. 





Does that make sense?  Any suggestions?





Thanks a bunch!!!


Nicole W

Maryland




Dear Nicole, 



You are completely in my favorite color zone right now with Beach Glass and all the grayed down blues, greens and blue/greens.  There is something so calming about these neutrals.  Here are a couple of suggestions for colors that have a little more green.  You will have to do a swatch or two to see how they look in your light and against the Beach Glass by BM.  










SW Filmy Green






SW Filmy Green




SW Contented






SW Contented



Also, try Sherwin Williams SEA SALT.















Sea Salt SW




and SEA HAZE by Benjamin Moore







Good luck!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top